Children & Family Ministries
Vibrant Faith @ Home supports families who are intentional about their faith and religious practice as they raise the next generation of committed Christians. It seeks to equip and empower households to: TALK with each other about their faith, PRAY together in ways that are comfortable and comforting, RITUALIZE their important moments, REACH OUT in service and support of others. More than 60 faith activities are published each season — spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Programs for Children and Families
We have a wide variety of ministries for children and families. Many are ongoing opportunities and some are events that occur only once per year. Check out all the ways that you can grow your faith!
- Sunday School
- FITS (Fun In The Sun) – Every summer we have a series of morning programs for kids from preschool through 3rd grade. There are fun stories and music each week and always fun activities from water games to petting zoos. Children and adults enjoy this free program as we learn more about God’s love and God’s world together.
- Children’s Lenten Classes – Each year during Lent we offer Wednesday evening classes for kids grades K-6 to hear about Jesus’ impact on the world and learn more about what Easter really means. Classes start on Ash Wednesday.
- Bicycle Blessing - Every May on the Sunday before Memorial weekend, we hold a Bicycle Blessing for kids and a Motorcycle Blessing for adults. Kids can bring their helmet or bicycle (or other wheeled item) to worship and they will receive a blessing for a safe season and a reminder card.
- Backpack Blessing – On the third Sunday of August children are invited to bring their school backpacks to worship and we will have a blessing over them for a great school year, and they get a take home gift reminding them of God’s love.
- Faith Stepping Stones – Throughout the year we hold blessings for children from baptism through high school graduation to mark “milestones” in their faith and to remind them of the support of their church family. Each time the children receive a gift from the congregation.
- Trunk ‘n Treat – Each October we hold this fun family event with a meaningful message, but also kids and parents can dress up in costumes (nothing scary, please!) and take part in games, music, story and more! Adults bring their cars (decorated or not) to the parking lot and at the end of the event children get to trick-or-treat from car to car. It’s great fun for all ages! A food shelf donation is encouraged. This year’s event is Sunday, October 27 from 3:00-4:45 pm.
- Summer Camping Programs – Minnesota United Methodist Camps offer a wide variety of camping opportunities for children, youth and adults. Check them out at Minnesota UM Camps.